The Estimator will be responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings, ensuring that we know everything to accurately forecast the budget for a project. The Estimator will work out of our Albuquerque office.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviewing project opportunities and determining Pros and Cons as well as suitability for our pursuit.
- Prepare bids from architectural drawings, specifications and other pertinent bid documents.
- Prepare Quotations for Negotiated Re-Roofing or Open Bid Re-Roofing from field information.
- Complete take-offs from bid documents to identify labor, material, and time requirements.
- Communicate with Contractors/Owners.
- Solicit Material Quotations from manufacturers/suppliers.
- Follow-up and review estimates.
- Maintain good relationships with prime contractors/owners, staff, and manufacturers.
- Turn over accepted projects to, and support, project management.
- Ordering and coordinating receipt of project specific materials.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date project files.
- Professional development to stay current with industry standards, processes, and techniques.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years’ experience in commercial construction.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an Estimator role.
- Knowledge of MasterFormat® a plus.
- Knowledge of SmartSheets a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, specifications and other bid documents.
- Most project documents are viewed, altered, and distributed electronically; Proficiency with technology is a must.
- Ability to define problems and present solutions.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of construction methods and project scheduling.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Bluebeam, etc.
- Must be extremely organized and have the ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail and the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Solicit, maintain, create, and foster relationships with contractors, subcontractors, vendors, etc.
- Positive work ethic.
- At least 18 years old.
- Valid driver’s license or reliable transportation.
- Must be able to pass a pre-hire criminal background check & drug screening.
Please note that this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and
conditions/requirements may change at any time with or without notice.