« Careers Portal
Reports directly to Director of Contracts & Estimating
National Roofing’s most valuable assets are its people. We aim to provide not only a safe and fun working environment, but also one that assists in both personal and professional development. We know from years of experience that a career with us can be transformative, and there are good reasons why so many of us choose to make National Roofing our home-away-from-home. What you can expect from us is an environment that rewards performance, pushes the best to get better, offers honorable service, opportunities for advancement, and listens to feedback from employees.
We offer comprehensive benefits, a generous compensation package, and most importantly, a great place to work. If you have any questions, you may call Human Resources at 505-883-3000. We look forward to talking with you about a future career with National Roofing!
The Estimator will be responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings, ensuring that we know everything to accurately forecast the budget for a project. The Estimator will work out of our Albuquerque office.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviewing project opportunities and determining Pros and Cons as well as suitability for our pursuit.
- Prepare bids from architectural drawings, specifications and other pertinent bid documents.
- Prepare Quotations for Negotiated Re-Roofing or Open Bid Re-Roofing from field information.
- Complete take-offs from bid documents to identify labor, material, and time requirements.
- Communicate with Contractors/Owners.
- Solicit Material Quotations from manufacturers/suppliers.
- Follow-up and review estimates.
- Maintain good relationships with prime contractors/owners, staff, and manufacturers.
- Turn over accepted projects to, and support, project management.
- Ordering and coordinating receipt of project specific materials.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date project files.
- Professional development to stay current with industry standards, processes, and techniques.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years’ experience in commercial construction.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an Estimator role.
- Knowledge of MasterFormat® a plus.
- Knowledge of SmartSheets a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, specifications and other bid documents.
- Most project documents are viewed, altered, and distributed electronically; Proficiency with technology is a must.
- Ability to define problems and present solutions.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of construction methods and project scheduling.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Bluebeam, etc.
- Must be extremely organized and have the ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail and the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Solicit, maintain, create, and foster relationships with contractors, subcontractors, vendors, etc.
- Positive work ethic.
- At least 18 years old.
- Valid driver’s license or reliable transportation.
- Must be able to pass a pre-hire criminal background check & drug screening.
Please note that this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and
conditions/requirements may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on our website to apply for this position. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us. We will review applications as they are received and really look forward to hearing from you.