« Careers Portal
This person would report to the Controller and will process receivables on a weekly basis and will provide basic office support. They also monitor the firm’s accounts receivable and identify overdue accounts to accurate and up-to-date receivables records. Participates in problem solving and special projects within the Accounting Department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor the firm’s accounts receivable and identify overdue accounts.
- Contact customers with overdue accounts and attempt to either collect the overdue amount or negotiate a payment plan to collect it in installments.
- Use credit bureau data, post office information, internet searches and other tools to try to locate customers who have moved or changed phone numbers.
- Maintain records of contacts and attempted contacts with delinquent account customers as well as records of any payments collected from the customer.
- Create reports and balance sheets that document overall profits and losses.
- Update client accounts based on payment or contact information.
- Resolve customer issues and complaints concerning billing.
- Submit regular reports on the status of unpaid accounts and any repayment progress.
- Review financial statements for accuracy and legal compliance.
- Prepare and file tax returns.
- Enter accounting related information into business logs.
- Inspect account books for efficiency and accuracy
- Organize and update financial records
- Recommend ways to reduce costs and enhance revenue
- Perform monthly bank settlements
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Microsoft Suite Experience
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Backup for the receptionist, from time to time.
- Other Accounting and HR duties as needed.
- Communication skills.
- Critical Evaluation and Analytical Skills
- Relationship Management.
- Ethical Practice.
- Data entry skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Organizational skills
- 5-10 years Accounting Experience is a requirement
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask and communicate effectively with individuals of all backgrounds
- Strong familiarity with Prepare Financial Statements
- Experience working at Construction or Manufacturing company is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is a plus
- Certified Public Accounting license or exams is a plus
- Experience in ComputerEase is a plus
Please note that this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and conditions/requirements may change at any time with or without notice.