National Roofing is searching for a Business Development Representative. This person will seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers. They will use their communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until the project has ended. Ultimately, they will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contact potential clients.
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services.
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction.
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market.
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services.
- Work with the client from beginning of the project to the end of each project to provide quality customer service.
- Work with Estimating team, sub-contractors, production managers, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years in a similar role (Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive).
- Experience working in construction is a plus.
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce).
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts).
- Understanding of sales performance metrics.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations.
- Knowledge of construction methods and project scheduling.
- Must be extremely organized and have the ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail and the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Solicit, maintain, create, and foster relationships with contractors, subcontractors, vendors, etc.
- At least 18 years old.
- Valid driver’s license or reliable transportation.
- Must be able to pass a pre-hire criminal background check & drug screening.
Please note that this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and conditions/requirements may change at any time with or without notice.